Happy New Year! I know I am a bit late, but this being the first post in this year I just had to celebrate it! As I was working very hard just before the holidays, I spend my free time literally just resting, relaxing and eating. I had planned to make goals for the following year and lot’s of other things that I don’t usually have time for, but hey ho, the relaxing really rejuvenated me and now I am ready for this year. Last year was the first when I really made goals. I was not happy with my life at that point, mainly because it had no direction and once I had thought about where I want to get I started making goals to keep me in focus. Turns out last year, although many would say was hard and unfortunate, was for me personally enjoyable and successful. I am pretty sure this is due to making goals and not using time on something I don’t see has any place in my life. So naturally I made goals for this year as well and will share few of them with you.
If you have been reading my blog, you might have noticed that I like to develop myself, my skills and learn new things. So most of my goals are in some ways to do with self-development.
- Learn German – I have been studying german on Duolingo for ages, but I always seem to forget to do it and fall back. Now I am planning to really stick with it raise my fluency score.
- Read 24 books – This was my goal last year, but I felt short of it by 3 books. I got stuck on a book, which wasn’t bad it just wasn’t moving forward. This year I will beat this goal!
- Do yoga consistently on a weekly basis – I love doing yoga, but when I get busy and tired I talk myself out of it. I know how good yoga is for me, so I need to be stronger than that and get a grip. 3 times of yoga a week and I am sure I will feel better!
- Develop my photography skills – I’ve had some lovely comments here on my photography, which I absolutely love to read. I like taking photographs and I want to improve in it. Mostly I want to improve the style of my photography and train my eye to take good photos.
- Learn more about sustainability, especially withing textiles – I need to read more blog posts, articles, books and watch documentaries on this. Although, I think often that I know a lot I know I have only scratched the top of the issue.
- Learn to keep plants alive and thriving – I love plants and flowers, but do not seem to be able to keep most of them alive. I seem to be over watering everything except for my succulents which I leave week after week unwatered and they are thriving. I will get a book on how to care for my plants and will do my best at keeping them alive. If there is anybody who would like to help me with this I would love some advice!
What are your goals this year?
This is one brand that makes me happy with it’s beautiful illustrations and clever products. No wonder their quote is “Oh so clever!”. The brand is from Edinburgh, where they design their products and where the headquarter is, which I feel close to my heart! We had a couple’s calendar last year from this company and I can tell you it is a stationery lovers dream. It comes with stickers to decorate the calendar and I love the feature of being able to write what is going on with each of us or together. So naturally I got another one for the year 2017 as well.
The only minus I find in this brand is that only some of their products are recyclable and they are made in China. I do hope this would change soon, as their products do cheer me up so much! Check their website here.
Do you like stationery? What stationery brands would you recommend?