I love a paper diary. Not only because it looks pretty, but because I actually love checking it, writing into it and it helps me keep my life in order. Last year I had a problem of not finding the kind of diary I liked, no matter where I searched from. Either it was missing something (like a week and a month view) or it was the wrong size. So I decided to make my own and I loved it! I guess, the idea of it is pretty similar to bullet journal, except that I actually made my own to represent a diary rather than a bullet journal. My pages are quite simple in the beginning, but once I start filling them they get doodles and all kinds of writing into them, so I need them to be simple in the beginning. Now I’ll help you to make one that looks like yours!
What to do:
- Find a notebook which you think is sturdy enough for the whole year. That has the right colours for you, is the right size and the kind of paper inside you like to write on.
- Check a calendar on your phone or computer, you can also google them to find any special occasions or dates that you might want to add in: moon phases, Australian public holidays, UK public holidays, Scotland public holidays etc.
- Decide what type of diary you want. Day on a page or a week on a page? Do you want to see a whole year on a page as well? Do you want to see a whole month on a page? How much room do you want to have for writing? Do you want to add to do lists, notes section, address section, exercise planner? You can check some ideas from this Pinterest board.
- Mark it all in your notebook with a pencil (just in case you make a mistake which will annoy you greatly).
- Once you are happy with it mark it again with the coloured pen of your choice and add stickers or drawings to decorate.
- You can also add pages for encouraging and inspiring quotes. Check some from here.
- Done! Enjoy your new very personal diary!
Do you like paper diaries or do you prefer electronic ones?