Happy New Year! I know I am a bit late, but this being the first post in this year I just had to celebrate it! As I was working very hard just before the holidays, I spend my free time literally just resting, relaxing and eating. I had planned to make goals for the following year and lot’s of other things that I don’t usually have time for, but hey ho, the relaxing really rejuvenated me and now I am ready for this year. Last year was the first when I really made goals. I was not happy with my life at that point, mainly because it had no direction and once I had thought about where I want to get I started making goals to keep me in focus. Turns out last year, although many would say was hard and unfortunate, was for me personally enjoyable and successful. I am pretty sure this is due to making goals and not using time on something I don’t see has any place in my life. So naturally I made goals for this year as well and will share few of them with you.
If you have been reading my blog, you might have noticed that I like to develop myself, my skills and learn new things. So most of my goals are in some ways to do with self-development.
- Learn German – I have been studying german on Duolingo for ages, but I always seem to forget to do it and fall back. Now I am planning to really stick with it raise my fluency score.
- Read 24 books – This was my goal last year, but I felt short of it by 3 books. I got stuck on a book, which wasn’t bad it just wasn’t moving forward. This year I will beat this goal!
- Do yoga consistently on a weekly basis – I love doing yoga, but when I get busy and tired I talk myself out of it. I know how good yoga is for me, so I need to be stronger than that and get a grip. 3 times of yoga a week and I am sure I will feel better!
- Develop my photography skills – I’ve had some lovely comments here on my photography, which I absolutely love to read. I like taking photographs and I want to improve in it. Mostly I want to improve the style of my photography and train my eye to take good photos.
- Learn more about sustainability, especially withing textiles – I need to read more blog posts, articles, books and watch documentaries on this. Although, I think often that I know a lot I know I have only scratched the top of the issue.
- Learn to keep plants alive and thriving – I love plants and flowers, but do not seem to be able to keep most of them alive. I seem to be over watering everything except for my succulents which I leave week after week unwatered and they are thriving. I will get a book on how to care for my plants and will do my best at keeping them alive. If there is anybody who would like to help me with this I would love some advice!
What are your goals this year?